Product Elmendorf tear strength tester (patented product), is used to determine the ballistic tearing strength of textiles, plastics, paper or board.
Elmendorf tear tester (protear) enables rapid determination of the dynamic resistance of materials designed to be subject to strong shearing loads (e.g. fabrics) or liable to be damaged by sharp or heavy objects (e.g. paper bags). Subsequently, the test was naturally adopted for all materials in the form of sheet or films, cardboards, cloth, knitted fabrics, plastic films, aluminium foil, non-woven fabrics, complex flexible packaging etc.
Elmendorf tensile testing machine is not applied to sparse fabric or stretch materials which the tearing direction might be shift in test.
- Works in accordance with all known test standards.
- The model is the only one that covers the most completed test range from 0 to 12800cN.
- Repeatable, pneumatic specimen gripping system guarantees sufficient clamping pressure to avoid all slipping phenomena, thus ensuring perfect reproducibility of the experimental conditions.
- Automatic compensation for friction and leveling errors, no slave pointer, therefore no friction, alignment and maintenance problems.
- Capacity: 0-12800 grams (0 ~ 128N)
- Pendulum Range(cN): 0~ 1600, 0 ~ 3200, 0 ~ 6400, 0 ~ 12800
- Accuracy: 0.2% of pendulum range
- Unit: GF, MN, CN, CP, LB